You are hereDonating to the Fisheries Standard Sampling Project
Donating to the Fisheries Standard Sampling Project
Your ability to compare data easily comes from the efforts of almost 300 fisheries biologists and members from 107 different agencies, universities and organizations. Standard data collection and analysis represents a powerful tool for those diagnosing problems with fish populations by allowing them to compare their data to continental, regional and state standards. This website has been identified by many as a critical contribution because it allows the user to easily do just that.
It is our commitment to provide you and the rest of the fisheries community (students, biologists, managers) with a site you can use without advertisements and free-of-charge. Unfortunately, many really good websites fade into oblivion once developed. We will do everything in our power to continue giving this service to you, but we need your help!
Just like Wikipedia, PBS and other useful programs, we need donations so that we do not lose the ability to maintain and improve this site and make it available for many years into the future. Please join your fellow agencies, biologists, students and others to help make this web-based fisheries diagnostic tool a continuing resource to help us sustain freshwater fish populations. Your donations are tax deductible!
Your donations support:
- Outstanding scientific web programmers at the University of Arizona’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences who devote their full energies to this project because they realize its long-term value.
- Collaborations with scientists from areas in North America and across the world so that we can incorporate new data and analytical capabilities, and expand the geographic area where comparisons can be made.
- New functionality of the site, such as sorting and comparing data by specific geographic area, or drawing a box on a map around waters you wish to compare!
- Students and scientists who are ground-truthing standard methods and making their results available.
Won’t you please give now? Your contribution of any amount goes to a project-specific University of Arizona Foundation Account to support the development of new capabilities and the long-term sustainability of the website. Those contributing $1,800 or more will obtain additional benefits such as increasing levels of computer support and notification of updates and instructions on using new features. Your donations will be acknowledged on the website or you can wish to remain anonymous. We welcome donations in any amount, but we provide the following suggestions:
One time gift amounts:
- $45 pays for one hour of programming time, data checking or two hours of student assistance.
- $360 pays for one day of programming time, data checking, or 16 hours of student assistance.
- $1,800 pays for one week of programming time or 50% time student research assistant on standard sampling for one month – Bronze Level
- $3,600 pays for two weeks of programming time or 50% time student research assistant on standard sampling for two months – Silver Level
- $7,200 pays for four weeks of programming time or 50% time student research assistant on standard sampling for four months – Gold Level
- > $10,800 pays for 1.5 months of programming time or 50% time student research assistant on standard sampling for 6 months – Platinum Level
- $45 pays for one hour of programming time each month
- $180 pays for ½ day of programming time each month - Bronze Level
- $360 pays for one day of programming time each month - Silver Level
- $1000 per month updates the website for a year or pays 25% time for a student research assistant. – Gold Level.
- $1800 per month pays for a student research assistant on a standard sampling issue for one year. - Platinum Level.
Click here to donate.
If you have further questions about the donation process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org